Sunday, December 19, 2010

Judging & Charity

      It's not everyday that you can say you have found the love of your life. Through daily trials and tribulations you come to realize that some things are of higher precedence then others. At times it is the simplest things that open your eyes to the realization of how important that your love with someone truly is. Minds are quick to judge others on how they choose to live their lives, how they spend their time, but among the many things that could take ages to list, they judge who you love. As if they understand your feelings or honestly even understand love. Half of the time those who are playing the role of judge are usually unhappy in their relationship or simply have never actually had a true feeling of love. I remember as I was going through what I thought was relationships filled with love that I knew everything there was to know about the topic. Now that I actually know I am in love its almost as if others issues  even matter anymore. It's not that I don't care about people but its a neglection of getting involved in what I know i wouldn't understand. Everyone has their own problems and it is no other persons responsibility to attempt to make decisions involving anyone else's.
   Enough of the intellectual post for the day, as everyone knows it is almost Christmas time. The big thing about the season of giving people tend to forget about is why we actually celebrate. While the majority of our country is worried about what new gadget or toy they will find under their tree on the 25th, you can actually find people who care about Jesus being born on his day that has now been tarnished. Personally I cant deny i used to be gun ho on what I would be getting for Christmas, but as i've gotten older I realize I don't really care about it as much. I guess its also a realization that there are so many families out there who don't get the opportunity to celebrate by giving gifts. It is an eye opener to think people can spend thousands of dollars on toys and forget that there are families who struggle to simply provide food for themselves. This though is brought to mind simply to say that people should think about these things and look inside themselves and say, maybe I should donate to a charity to help those who are struggling. I may not make a million being a soldier, but I realize that if I don't eat out once a month I can donate that money to struggling families. Along with the right organization the majority of your money will see these families that need the money. It takes a rare person to see the commercials of struggling children on TV and not say that it bothers them in some way. Granted some organizations are not doing the right thing with the money they receive but if you search for the right ones then you will see that there are actual good organizations out there. So with this last sentence I ask everyone to reach inside their hearts and at least donate $1 dollar a month to a charity that helps those in need, its the least you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment